Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Bloody Pista Bars and a Double-Edged Story (Pedal Room)


It was Saturday night. A great night for riding, as long as you can dodge the drunks and idiots. The last thing I remember was the car pulling out in front of me, and swerving hard to avoid it.

I came to on the pavement with four screaming girls hovering over me. "Don't move! Wait for the ambulance!" I don't remember a ton. I remember I tried to convince the then-larger crowd that I was fine. Judging by the blood, I even tried to grab my bike and leave apparently. There was panic. There was blood. And pain.

Long story short, I broke my clavicle in three places, and only needed fourteen stitches in my head. I was banged up from head to toe, but lucky. It could've been a lot worse.

Always wear a helmet people. I wasn't when I wrecked. I'm very lucky to be typing this here today, and you can bet that I'll have a helmet the next time you see me on a bike.

Bad news - I'm out for a while as my clavicle heals from surgery. Good news - I'm alive and otherwise fine, I've got more time to design/work, and big things are coming on Pedal Room.

There's going to be a lot going on soon. I'm on the verge of releasing some stuff I've been working on for months, and I can't wait for you all to see it. It will be quite the change, and it's coming within the next couple weeks.

Stay tuned, and ride safe!


reblogged from the Pedal Room

No comments:

Post a Comment